Mare fixed footstool is an ideal accent piece for a contemporary living room that pairs style with practicality. The minimalistic structure features a square top and sled base that complement one another and showcase it's open and airy demeanor. Thanks to its versatile nature, it can be used as an ottoman, extra seat, or side table. With soft upholstery and cushioned lining, Mare provides ultimate comfort.
Manufactured in the Netherlands and designed by René Holten, Mare fixed footstool is part of the luxurious Mare collection that all look great together. Choose between two widths to accommodate individual needs. Various upholstery options in fabric and leather are available, as well as different metal finishes for the base.
- country of origin:Netherlands
- Assembly Required:No
- Manufactured in the Netherlands
- Designed by René Holten
- Available in two widths
- Base available in powder-coated colors or in polished stainless steel for an upcharge
- Available with different types of upholstery in fabric and leather
- 24¾"W × 32¾"D × 17"H
- 32¾"W × 32¾"D × 17"H
designed byRené Holten
- As a graduate of the Maastricht Academy of Fine Arts and Design and Design Academy Eindhoven, René Holten is a successful architectural designer and head of product development at Artifort from 1993-1998. Many of the products he designs feature cutouts for an innovative effect and have a playful use of geometry along with striking shapes and colors.
René Holten has a design studio named after himself, and he focuses on creating furniture and bathroom fittings. A lot of his work is on display at galleries around the world, and he has many awards to his name, such as the best Dutch Furniture Design.
Since 1890, Artifort has been an innovative Scandinavian design brand with pieces of furniture that make funky focal points in a modern home. Jules Wagemans started the business as an upholstery company and expanded it in the 1920s into a design showroom in Amsterdam. Now, Artifort is an internationally successful and technologically revolutionary company.
Their products are designed for longevity to ensure they are sustainable for years to come. The skilled designers on Artifort’s team focus on functionality, comfort, and quality, and this combination has made them a successful company for over a century. By specializing in chairs that have a playful use of geometry and bright pops of color, this high-end company is featured in design publications and exhibits around the world.
Kho Liang le and Pierre Paulin are a big reason for Artifort’s immense success with their influential designs and forward-thinking view. The two iconic designers put the company on the map and attracted many more skilled artisans over the years. These iconic pieces are great conversation starters.
Write Your Own Review
Focus on the product and your individual experience with it:
- What features stand out most?
- What do you like or dislike about it?
- How long have you had it?
- Did it meet your expectations?
- Please contact us at 888.450.7666 to discuss issues regarding customer service or delivery
- product Q&A