modern outdoor sofas
modern outdoor sofas
Lounge in comfort and style with an eye-catching selection of contemporary outdoor sofas at room service 360°. Have a second living room on the deck, patio, porch, or backyard with the aesthetically pleasing yet practical and modern outdoor couches available on our website and in our Philadelphia showroom.
room service 360° partners with innovative Italian designers from prestigious brands like Kartell and Talenti to ensure that our customers are receiving the best contemporary outdoor furniture possible. Made with quality materials, our outdoor collection is sustainable for years to come. Kartell’s outdoor sofa collection offers bold and whimsical, bringing a playful energy to any outdoor setting, while Talenti is known for the sophisticated outdoor solutions that amalgamate modern design with durability and convenient utility, especially in settings like water-front homes and mountain lodges. Both Kartell and Talenti work with the most talented designers, among which are:
- Christian Visentin
- Jean Philippe Nuel
- Karim Rashid
- Ludovica and Roberto Palomba
- Marco Acerbis
- Philippe Starck
- Piero Lissoni
- Ramon Esteve
how to choose the perfect modern outdoor sofa
At room service 360°, our focus is helping our customers realize their design and functional needs for indoor as well as outdoor spaces like backyard or patio. Among the crucial elements to consider when looking for outdoor furniture is durability of materials and construction that collectively help extend the longevity of outdoor furniture through extreme weather conditions. Physical specifications like weight in addition to width, height, and depth help address concerns of easily moving the furniture indoors during stormy weather or eliminating the worry of furniture not standing up to the elements like intense winds. Other factors to consider for outdoor furniture include structural integrity and appearance over many seasons, and through a variety of weather conditions. How will the furniture stand up to frequent rainstorms, or high humidity. Will the sofa show mold, mildew, or rust? Assuring that materials and construction of the sofa are not easily damaged and can be cleaned off is key, as aesthetic and functional durability is also affected by the maintenance of outdoor sofas. Some materials require very little attention season after season and are quick and easy to clean with simple soap and water. Others require more time-intensive care and special products to keep them looking great and working properly.
When it comes to aesthetics, modern outdoor sofas make a statement by combining stylish and functional features that include weather-resistant cushions and materials, removable cushions, optional outdoor covers for additional protection from the elements, built-in side tables, attached ottomans, built-in canopies, stackable silhouettes, and flexible configurations.
customize your ideal contemporary outdoor sofa
Customizing process for an outdoor sofa is easy and closely resembles that of modern sofas designed for indoor areas. From assorted colors and finishes to an array of sizes, compositions, shapes, and styles, the modern outdoor sofa can be created using the following selections:
- Wood is a popular raw material for outdoor furniture. It has a natural beauty, is generally easy to work with and provides a sturdy framework. Teak is the most popular wood choice for outdoor furniture. It is incredibly strong and does not warp, crack, or become brittle like many kinds of wood.
- Metal is typically the strongest and most durable material for outdoor furniture. Because of its strength, metallic frames can be thinner and shaped into more complex designs with greater style flexibility.
- Outdoor furniture cushions used in sofas, sectionals, and other seating furniture as well as accent pillows require fabrics that can withstand the stringent demands of constant exposure to the elements. Natural fibers tend to lose vibrancy and break down over time. Consequently, fabrics made from synthetic thread, infused with plastic, are much better options for outdoor upholstery covers.
- Plastics are fast favorites in the world of outdoor furniture due to their typically lightweight, inexpensive, and easily moldable propensities. They are also a breeze to clean and maintain.