modern bar stools
Italian bar stools
The room service 360° selection of modern bar and counter stools presents an array of options that range in aesthetics and materials while offering comfort and contemporary style. Whether it is a traditional bar stool style, reinterpreted with sophistication, or an innovative design that stands out in a modern setting, each of the bar and counter stools adds another layer of style to a contemporary home. The collection of Italian bar stools is full of convenient elements, with features like swiveling seats and height adjustment capabilities, that make them must-have products in the kitchen and bar area.
finding the right stool style
With so many styles to choose from, it can be difficult to decide on the right one for the space and style. Considering a few key elements is an absolute must in the selection of your modern bars stools.
- Stool height is critical, and making a mistake between a bar height and counter height is easily avoidable. Counter-height seat is about 24"-26” from the floor, while bar-height seat is 28"-30" from the floor to seat.
- Stool style is another crucial factor, as it is pivotal to make the kitchen or bar area a continuous decorative space. Selecting from tradition, transitional and ultra-modern style will help keep the space cohesively decorated
- Stool base is a key element in deciding between swivel or fixed base options as well as four-legged versions, versions with sled bases, and cross-bases
- Stool finishes range from hard and soft leather, eco leathers, fabrics, as well as wood and plastic options. Selecting the material will impact the color choices and comfort levels of a particular stool. Upholstered stools in either soft leather or fabric will offer added comfort as opposed to harder options like plastic or wood. while the harder surfaces will be easier to clear in comparison to their more padded counterparts.
- Back height is also worth considering when selecting a stool, as many kitchen and bar areas will look great with backless options while others will be better suited with stools that have a more substantial back, which also happen to offer a more comfortable experience.
- Footrest and armrest could be additional features to keep in mind. stools with armrests are wider and will take up more space but will certainly offer more comfort, while those with an armless silhouette are more modern and minimal. A footrest is always a must-have, but it is important to note that a wider footrest is more comfortable.
brands that offer iconic bar seating
Our vast collection of high-end bar and counter stools come from a myriad of prestigious, renowned brands from around the world. The Italian-based Bonaldo, Cattelan Italia, and Costantini Pietro bar and counter stools offer distinguished looks that set them apart, yet they all bring a sophisticated contemporary style to any bar area or kitchen. The Netherlands-based Artifort blends iconic bar and counter stool designs with bold, statement-making silhouettes. These stools are uniquely shaped and double as sculptural works of art as well as comfortable and practical seating solutions. Other brands include the highly-sought after and prestigious Kartell that has options that are suitable for indoor and outdoor use thanks to their use of weather-resistant plastics, and the widely popular Bontempi Casa that offers many seating solutions that are readily available. While many Italian bar and counter stools are geared towards residential spaces, there are options from Kartell and Midj that are commercially graded and could be the perfect choice for bars and restaurants.
customizing to perfection
A broad selection of materials, colors, shapes, and fabrics offer many opportunities to create a truly custom design for the space. Consider lifestyle needs and what materials are most conducive to accommodate those needs. It is important to take into account comfort, cleanability, durability, and fluidity of style, especially in an open floor concept layout. Color is also an essential element, and it is quite common to match contemporary counter stools and kitchen chairs or the formal dining area and the furniture used in the kitchen. Likewise, customizing to the need in the kitchen or bar area is key and making sure that the stools selected accommodate their intended utility, entertaining needs as well as other requirements such as budget, immediate availability, weight capacity as well as country of origins.