Add a nautical-themed seating solution to your modern area with the bold Shark lounge chair by Artifort. The circular seat features an opening in the center for an airy, inviting element. From a side view, the profile looks like a shark with its mouth open for a menacing touch. The soft upholstery and cushioned lining provide ultimate comfort, and the sturdy base offers support for the long haul. Place the chair on its own or in stunning groupings for versatile visual effects.
Designed by Rene Holten and manufactured in the Netherlands with only the best quality materials, the Shark lounge chair is designed with longevity at the forefront. Upholstery options include an array of fabrics and leathers, while the base comes in different metal finishes. For added customization, choose between a wired or disc base and versions with or without gliders.
- country of origin:Netherlands
- Assembly Required:No
- Shipping Charges:free
- Manufactured in Italy
- Designed by René Holten
- Part of the Shark collection
- Upholstery options include an array of fabrics and leathers
- Available with two different base variations
- Base in powder-coated colors
- Wired base available in chrome on request
- The wired base has black plastic gliders and optional felt gliders with an upcharge
- Disc base is swiveling and has a return mechanism
- 28"W × 28"D × 32"H
designed byRené Holten
- As a graduate of the Maastricht Academy of Fine Arts and Design and Design Academy Eindhoven, René Holten is a successful architectural designer and head of product development at Artifort from 1993-1998. Many of the products he designs feature cutouts for an innovative effect and have a playful use of geometry along with striking shapes and colors.
René Holten has a design studio named after himself, and he focuses on creating furniture and bathroom fittings. A lot of his work is on display at galleries around the world, and he has many awards to his name, such as the best Dutch Furniture Design.
Since 1890, Artifort has been an innovative Scandinavian design brand with pieces of furniture that make funky focal points in a modern home. Jules Wagemans started the business as an upholstery company and expanded it in the 1920s into a design showroom in Amsterdam. Now, Artifort is an internationally successful and technologically revolutionary company.
Their products are designed for longevity to ensure they are sustainable for years to come. The skilled designers on Artifort’s team focus on functionality, comfort, and quality, and this combination has made them a successful company for over a century. By specializing in chairs that have a playful use of geometry and bright pops of color, this high-end company is featured in design publications and exhibits around the world.
Kho Liang le and Pierre Paulin are a big reason for Artifort’s immense success with their influential designs and forward-thinking view. The two iconic designers put the company on the map and attracted many more skilled artisans over the years. These iconic pieces are great conversation starters.
- reviews Write Your Own Review
Focus on the product and your individual experience with it:
- What features stand out most?
- What do you like or dislike about it?
- How long have you had it?
- Did it meet your expectations?
- Please contact us at 888.450.7666 to discuss issues regarding customer service or delivery
- product q&a