The Mood active armchair by Artifort is a stylish yet comfortable seating solution for a modern home. The geometrically inspired structure features a combination of curves and sharp angles to make this a funky focal point. With a slightly angled back and legs, it provides ergonomic support to promote proper posture, and the soft upholstery offers ultimate comfort. This iconic design by René Holten is perfect for a professional environment because the active sitting position enhances work efficiency.
Manufactured in the Netherlands to ensure quality, the Mood active armchair is available in three versions with a star base, 4-legged base, or wire base. Various fabric and leather upholstery options are available, as well as different colored finishes for the base. It comes with optional clear or clear felt gliders.
- country of origin:Netherlands
- Assembly Required:No
- Shipping Charges:free
- Designed by René Holten
- Part of the Mood collection
- Chair available with a wire frame, star base, or 4-legged wood legs
- Upholsteries available in many different colors
- Upholstery in two colors of one fabric is possible
- Optional clear and clear felt gliders
- The base comes in various colored finishes
- Manufactured in the Netherlands
- 22½"W × 22½"D × 31"H
designed byRené Holten
As a graduate of the Maastricht Academy of Fine Arts and Design and Design Academy Eindhoven, René Holten is a successful architectural designer and head of product development at Artifort from 1993-1998. Many of the products he designs feature cutouts for an innovative effect and have a playful use of geometry along with striking shapes and colors.
René Holten has a design studio named after himself, and he focuses on creating furniture and bathroom fittings. A lot of his work is on display at galleries around the world, and he has many awards to his name, such as the best Dutch Furniture Design.
Since 1890, Artifort has been an innovative Scandinavian design brand with pieces of furniture that make funky focal points in a modern home. Jules Wagemans started the business as an upholstery company and expanded it in the 1920s into a design showroom in Amsterdam. Now, Artifort is an internationally successful and technologically revolutionary company.
Their products are designed for longevity to ensure they are sustainable for years to come. The skilled designers on Artifort’s team focus on functionality, comfort, and quality, and this combination has made them a successful company for over a century. By specializing in chairs that have a playful use of geometry and bright pops of color, this high-end company is featured in design publications and exhibits around the world.
Kho Liang le and Pierre Paulin are a big reason for Artifort’s immense success with their influential designs and forward-thinking view. The two iconic designers put the company on the map and attracted many more skilled artisans over the years. These iconic pieces are great conversation starters.
- reviews Write Your Own Reviewwe would love to hear your feedback on Mood Active Armchairby by René Holten for Artifort
Focus on the product and your individual experience with it:
- What features stand out most?
- What do you like or dislike about it?
- How long have you had it?
- Did it meet your expectations?
- Please contact us at 888.450.7666 to discuss issues regarding customer service or delivery
- product q&a