Instantly elevate the room's style with the iconic Butterfly chair by Artifort. With crisscross accents at the base and an opening between the seat and back, the chair makes a gorgeous focal point in a contemporary living room. The open and airy silhouette is timeless, making it a staple piece of furniture for years to come. Not only is it a sculptural beauty, but a comfortable seating solution as well, thanks to the luxuriously soft upholstery.
Butterfly chair is an iconic addition to your home and has even been on display at the National Gallery of Victoria in Australia. Designed by the talented Pierre Paulin in 1954, this classic piece of furniture comes in different upholstery options and has an array of metal finishes to choose.
- country of origin:Netherlands
- Assembly Required:Yes
- Shipping Charges:free
- Manufactured in the Netherlands
- Designed by Pierre Paulin in 1954
- Seat available in saddle leather or cow hide
- Base available in stainless steel or powder-coated metal
31½"W × 27½"D × 25½"H
designed byPierre Paulin
- Born in 1927, Pierre Paulin is a creative genius who has made quite the impression internationally and has created many iconic designs for Artifort through his freelance work. He got his start from participating in a furniture show that was put together by Kho Liang le, which was the start of a beautiful collaboration. Paulin has many accolades and awards to his name, which makes him a highly sought-after designer.
Paulin’s designs are geometrically inspired and are crafted with incredible attention to detail. With eye-catching curves and innovative silhouettes, the pieces of furniture by Paulin make a statement in a contemporary setting. His designs are in various permanent museum collections.
Since 1890, Artifort has been an innovative Scandinavian design brand with pieces of furniture that make funky focal points in a modern home. Jules Wagemans started the business as an upholstery company and expanded it in the 1920s into a design showroom in Amsterdam. Now, Artifort is an internationally successful and technologically revolutionary company.
Their products are designed for longevity to ensure they are sustainable for years to come. The skilled designers on Artifort’s team focus on functionality, comfort, and quality, and this combination has made them a successful company for over a century. By specializing in chairs that have a playful use of geometry and bright pops of color, this high-end company is featured in design publications and exhibits around the world.
Kho Liang le and Pierre Paulin are a big reason for Artifort’s immense success with their influential designs and forward-thinking view. The two iconic designers put the company on the map and attracted many more skilled artisans over the years. These iconic pieces are great conversation starters.
Write Your Own Review
Focus on the product and your individual experience with it:
- What features stand out most?
- What do you like or dislike about it?
- How long have you had it?
- Did it meet your expectations?
- Please contact us at 888.450.7666 to discuss issues regarding customer service or delivery
- product Q&A